Viewing entries tagged
Something as special as the first time you see your future husband or wife before saying I do is a big deal, to say the least. You want it to be right and to be a moment you think back on with such fond memory. For in that moment your world will change forever, as you look into the eyes of the person who is with you now and will be there until the end. There are different ways to do this, and as a women I can honestly say that it isn't an easy decision to make. What decision is easy when planning the day that sets the rest of your life into action? None! I am here to help and hopefully help make this decision a little easier for you! There are positives and not so great things to anything but it really comes down to what is best for you, as a soon to be married couple. There are two ways that are common to see one another for the first time before you say, "I do" and though different, both are special in their own, unique ways.
Let's point out the details of each to help steer you in the direction of what is a right for you...
Way #1: The Traditional Way
First, lets take a moment to point out the positives of seeing one another for the first time while walking down that beautiful aisle!
- You get to see each other for the first time in front of your dearest family and friends. And in doing so, they get to share that moment and be a reminder to you of the excitement and expressions encompassed in that moment when you walked towards the love of your life. This can be so special!
- That exciting thought, that the next time you see the love of your life you will be walking down that aisle towards them and not a moment before!
Now, lets point out some of the things you may not prefer about this traditional way of seeing one another for the first time!
- This moment is shared with family and friends!
- In this moment, when you are excited to see your soon to be spouse, your focus may be divided by the nerves of having all eyes on you. However, if you do not have stage freight, ignore this! You are lucky!
- When you see each other, most likely your hearts will jump for joy and you will probably want to jump with them, and into each other's arms! Not only that, but you may want to "ooo", and "ahhh" over how enchanting you both look and express how you are feeling in that moment. With this traditional way, it's not to say you can't do those things but in front of family and friends that's not typically how it happens.
Recap of why the "Traditional Way" MAY BE for you:
- You want the first time you see each other to be witnessed and shared with family and friends!
- It's the way you have always pictured it happening!
Recap of why the "Traditional Way" may NOT be for you:
- You want the this moment to be more private!
- You want to option to express feelings in whatever way you are feeling in that moment!
- You have nerves in front of people, that may take away from the first moment you see one another for the first time!
Way #2: First Look Way
Alright, let's uncover the positives of seeing one another in private before walking down the aisle!
- You won't need to worry about the added nerves of your friends and family being there to watch the first time you see one another!
- You are able to freely express your authentic feelings in that very special moment however you choose! Whether that be jumping into each other's arms and hugging and kissing, telling each other how incredible you both look, or praying a prayer together before the whole point of the day gets taken underway!
- Depending on the schedule of your day, the photos you take with the wedding party and your future spouse may fit in better before the ceremony and this way of seeing each other for the first time allows that!
Now, lets point out some of the things you may not prefer about this "First Look" way of seeing one another for the first time!
- Even though this way of seeing each other for the first time has it's benefits, if the thought of this is just not giving you a happy gut feeling because you have always envisioned something different, than maybe this isn't for you. You need to be true to yourselves! This is your day after all!
- Maybe it's important to you to share this moment with your closest family and friends, and you don't mind the nerves or don't have them!
- Sharing the moment with family and friends outweighs the reasons for why you would do a "First Look"!
Recap of why the "First Look Way" MAY BE for you:
- You want to say goodbye to added nerves!
- You want that private time to express your feelings in whatever way you choose!
- It makes the most sense with the schedule of your day!
Recap of why the "First Look Way" may NOT be for you:
- It's just not how you have envisioned it happening, and that's okay!
- Nerves aren't a concern for you!
- Wanting your family and friends there outweigh the other reasons you would choose to do a "First Look"!
I hope that in reading this, it has helped make your decision a little easier and has made what you truly want stand out!
Olivia Saari - Administrative Assistant, Olsen Media
Which way do you prefer and why? Let us know in the comments!
I had the privilege of filming a behind the scenes video of a photo shoot this past May for Central MN Brides Magazine! Check out the video!
Wow! What a privilege to be able to film this wedding. There's really nothing like the north woods of Minnesota in the fall and especially Trout Lake Camp. Not only was it a joy to film at this location but this couple was so much fun to shoot as well! If you don't know Aaron and Jess, you will want to be friends with them by the end of the film. Their joy and humor is contagious and made for some really fun moments (they even ended the night on the zipline)! Thanks again to the new Sorbel couple, hope you enjoy your film!
"I could not be happier to have found you."
Dereck repeated this a few times when reading his letter to Caitlin the morning of their wedding. As the day continued, I could see that he really meant it. There was a lot of fun and partying going on throughout their wedding day including a trip to their favorite bar via a party bus directly after the ceremony as well as a concert from the father of the bride. Through it all though, you could see very plainly that he "could not be happier." Thank you to Dereck and Caitlin for having me film your big day!
Fun. Children at heart. Laid back. Loving. Genuine.
These are the 5 phrases that Gabe and Justina used to describe themselves as a couple when I asked them to. It didn't take me long in the day to see all of those aspects of their relationship displayed. From Justina saying that she would "eat a live octopus" in her vows to Gabe and his guys hanging out (a little too late) watching the world cup before getting ready for the day. It was an honor to be able to capture the story of this day where these two were united. Their faces told the story of their love all day and I hope you enjoy the story told in this film. Thank you Gabe and Justina and blessings to you both in this new venture!
Thanks to the photographers at this fine Minnesota wedding!
-Tim Glovatsky - Father of the Groom
-Kate Jann - K&D Photography - firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-568-8600